Jacob Schoen Family
Jakob (Jacob) Schoen, born 1802 in Gunzenhausen, was the son of the cattle trader and middleman Löw Simon Schoen and his wife Babetta, nee Sichel. He was known in Gunzenhausen as a cattle trader and leather worker and was married to Babetta Buff.
The Schoen family lived at Marktplatz 43 from 1834 to 1857. In 1860 they bought a house at Hafnermarkt 10 and moved there. Both houses are no longer standing. New houses were built in their place.
The two houses in which the family lived used to be here. Today there is a bank there.
Jakob and Babetta Schoen had two children.
Jetta, *02.05.1839 in Gunzenhausen. She married Heymann Eisen and had five children. The couple took over the house at Hafnermarkt 10 in 1872. However, they lived at Waagstraße 7.
Bernhard, *December 4, 1842 in Gunzenhausen. (according to the local records, his birthdate was 08.12.1842). He lived with his sister at Auergasse 1.
His papers allowed him to live in Gunzenhausen but without civil rights. He died there on October 28, 1916.
Heymann and Jetta's children
- Friederika, *20.03.1875 in Gunzenhausen, + 08.03.1884 in Gunzenhausen
- Babetta, *17.09.1876 in Gunzenhausen, + 14.02.1877 in Gunzenhausen
- Bertha, *10.01.1878 in Gunzenhausen, declared dead 1955. She married Josef Gross, merchant from Nürnberg (Auergasse 1) on 20.04.1924.
- Jacob, *02.07.1879 in Gunzenhausen (Burgstallstrasse 4)
- Lazarus, *29.09.1882 in Gunzenhausen, +1971 in New York Brooklyn. He emigrated to America in 1936/1937 and was married to Sarah Rindsberg.