Bühringerstraße 5

Bühringstrasse 5 today
Bühringstrasse 5 today
Year of Construction Before 1891
By Probably the Jewish family Bergmann
Change of Ownership

Around 1891 Leonhard Mössner, teacher
1896 Calmann Levi, together with his wife Bertha Strauss, built a bakery onto the house.
Registered it for business on 24.11.1896
1899 they gave up the bakery
30.06.1899 the business was registered as a bazaar, or general goods store and flour trading
1918 the house passed to their son Benno Levi and his wife Gisela, né Schlossberger
Up until the laws on Aryanization they ran a business specializing in shoes and leather ware
1934-1936 Franz Flurschütz became the new owner and continued the business selling leather ware, shoes and sports ware
24.05.1938 the house was sold to Georg Knöller, butcher
1955-1966 household goods, textiles and groceries through the Middle Franconia Cooperative Society. As of 1966 this was continued at Bahnhofsstrasse 7
Otto Mlejnek probably ran a shop there from 1966 to 1969 dealing in bed linen and eiderdowns.

Source : Gunzenhausen Property Register